Sample Team Schedule
- If traveling internationally, NEXT staff will connect with you before you leave the country and fly to our destination together.
- If traveling domestically, NEXT staff will meet you at the mission destination.
SETTLE INTO LODGING
- NEXT staff works with the group leaders to determine the best rooming arrangements, and will take care of all the details.
- Orientation is designed to: a) help us prepare ourselves spiritually, b) orient our perspectives toward being ready to serve and accomplish our mission, and c) prepare us to hear what the Lord wants to say to us this week.
MINISTRY DAYS (3-4 days)
- Catalyst Leadership Experience: Part of the mission of East-West NEXT Teams is to see God raise up young men and women who will lead with great maturity and skill in their circles of influence when they return home.
- Evangelism and discipleship: NEXT partners with young churches to engage people in the community, to share about the new church/group in their community, and to share the good news of Jesus Christ. Some NEXT Teams will also begin walking new believers in the community through a basic discipleship material that the church will continue with after we go home.
- Evening meeting: We are intentionally more relationship-driven than program-driven. If the schedule and logistics allow, the new churches will host a fellowship-type meeting in the evenings in order to meet new believers/people from the community who are interested in finding out more about the new church.
- Daily debrief: Each evening, after our group returns to the place we are staying, we will have a time to reflect on the day, hear stories, answer questions and prepare for the next day.
- Many of the places we go have unique cultural experiences that we don’t have at home. Our hope is to both give you a unique cultural experience and allow some time to shop for souvenirs.
- Head home better equipped to Live the Mission.
About NEXT Teams | Parent Information | Leader Information | Sample Team Schedule | 2021 Schedule