Equip Local Believers
And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others. –2 Timothy 2:2
There are many areas of the world with people who desire to further the gospel and plant new churches … but many of these believers have never been provided with the right tools. Our end goal is to provide nationals with the skills and resources necessary to plant rapidly multiplying churches.
With such a large variety of training needs throughout the world, East-West focuses its efforts on equipping a wide array of target audiences to see the greatest Kingdom results:
- Pastors to be biblically sound, grace-oriented multipliers
- Women to lead ministry within their churches
- Itinerant evangelists to lead area-wide campaigns
- Church members to be more effective witnesses
- Church planters to develop self-sufficient, church planting movements
- Emerging national leaders to provide theological leadership to their countries’ developing church leaders
Equipping nationals gives them confidence and skill to most effectively spread the gospel. It also builds a strong, grace-oriented movement that can become self-sufficient over time.
The Bible is the foundation for all of our training. However, we remain flexible and teachable in our methodology for training leaders as each country of ministry has specific needs. East-West often modifies the curricula in order to fit the needs and environment of each specific culture, community, or country.