Our India Team will be leaving on July 5th for ministry in Pondicherry, India. Please continue to look at this site regularly throughout our trip as we will be trying to update our prayer support as often as possible while in India.
We ask everyone to begin praying for our mission trip in the following ways:
- Unity among our team members: Hank and Jane Gibson, Joe Taylor, Julie Knight, Bob and Veneta West, and myself.
- Moa Ao– native Indian who partners with East-West and serves as the South India Strategy Coordinator; he has coordinated everything on the India side of our trip
- The hearts of the people of Pondicherry, India- that God would be working even now to prepare their hearts for the message that we will be bringing them
- Translators for our time in Pondicherry
- Safety in travels- several flights and many bus rides
- Specific villages in which we will be sharing- below is a chart we received from Moa which provides our ministry schedule (provided by our national team leader, Moa Ao):
Day 1 – July 8th (Thursday) Kongampattu (Tsunami affected village)South Tamil Nadu. About half an hour journey from hotel. 200 houses
Day 2 – July 9th (Friday) Chinavirampattinam (fishermen’s colony)Pondicherry. About 10 minutes from hotel. 750 houses
Day 3 – July 10th (Saturday) KirmambakumPondicherry. About 15 minutes from hotel. 200 houses
Day 4 – July 11th (Sunday) Church VisitsDivide the team into 2 groups and worship in two small churches, 2 person speak (if possible)
Day 5 – July 12th (Monday) Sornaur (Tribal village)South Tamil Nadu. About half an hour from hotel. 150 houses
Day 6 – July 13th (Tuesday) Pahour (small town, work in huts)Pondicherry. About 20 minutes from hotel. 200 houses
(Reserved villagesParikal, Karikanagar, Sengannagar, nagapenoro, Narambai, Panithitu )
We look forward to updating you all again soon!